My Dream Dollhouse

Hi, I am Sumaiya Mehreen and you are welcome to my Dollhouse. Here you will find some of the dollhouse miniatures that catch my fancy! Feel free to email me at smehreen@gmail.com if you want me to showcase YOUR favorite dollhouse on this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Where's This Dollhouse From?

A message from Andrea Perelman:

Hi—
I have an old doll house I’ve had forever that I think is German decent. I have been researching a bit and need direction. Can you help? I am looking to finally sell it to the right owner who will admire and care for it. It comes with all the original furniture…


4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It would be wonderful if when clicked on, we could see these photos 2 or 3 times larger. It might help a person identify the house....

Aug 6, 2008, 11:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if this a "red roof" house dating back to the twenties?DHM and/or MC have had articles on these vintage houses. They are highly collectible.

Aug 7, 2008, 11:24:00 AM  
Blogger Theodosia Pixietwist said...

hello,

What a charming little home! You might want to check your local bookstore or library for antique toy/dollhouse reference guides for Gottschalk and Schoenhut dollhouses. Both of these german toy companies were manufacturing around the turn of the century and up until the 1930's. The internet would probably also be helpful with this. Finding a good appraiser or checking into an auction house that specializes in antique toys may be helpful as well--as mentioned by anonymous, Miniature Collector magazine has a wealth of articles about houses like these. Contacting them may be an option as well.
Good Luck!

Aug 7, 2008, 2:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi: I believe your lovely house is a late German Gottschalk c 1930. It looks too detailed to be a Schoenhut. The old wallpapers are fabulous! Do an online search and you might be able to find another on an auction site - that can help posititvely ID your house.

Oct 19, 2008, 1:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home