My Dream Dollhouse

Hi, I am Sumaiya Mehreen and you are welcome to my Dollhouse. Here you will find some of the dollhouse miniatures that catch my fancy! Feel free to email me at smehreen@gmail.com if you want me to showcase YOUR favorite dollhouse on this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Hope Villa

This mid-19th century dollhouse is one of the finest in the Mary Merritt Doll Museum's collection. It is currently part of the Noel Barrett Vintage Toys auction. The exterior façade is rich in architectural details with outstanding hand-carved and hand-painted columns, balustrades and quoins painted in a faux-marble effect.



The scale of the house is almost 2" to the foot, with the ground floor rooms measuring 17" tall. The majority of furnishings came with the house when Mary Merritt purchased it in England after the initial opening of the museum.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home