My Dream Dollhouse

Hi, I am Sumaiya Mehreen and you are welcome to my Dollhouse. Here you will find some of the dollhouse miniatures that catch my fancy! Feel free to email me at smehreen@gmail.com if you want me to showcase YOUR favorite dollhouse on this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Around the World: Bed & Breakfast


Welcome to Around the World: Bed and Breakfast. Artist Debbie Wignall takes you on a tour around the dollhouse she made for her niece 24 years ago. Let us start with my favorite, the Japanese bedroom.

"The Japanese bedroom. This room contains a dresser that I bought when I went to Japan a few years ago. The doors open and close. The wooden lamp is carved like a dragon and contains a hanging light. The bed is on the floor and is a futon type. There is a low table and cushions to sit on with a tea pot in the center."



"The African bedroom has leopard print wallpaper on the walls. The bed has animals printed on the bedspread and pillows. I upholstered the couch with a leopard material and did the same with the end table and bench for the dresser. I put an OOAK etched picture of a leopard on the dresser. On the mirror are little plastic giraffes and elephants. There is a huge plant by the door.

Western bedroom: The bedroom has a stick/log handmade bed, a chair I upholstered in a western pattern, western wallpaper, a cactus, a coat rack with faux jacket, boots, guns, a dresser with bowl and pitcher."


"The Egyptian room is one of my favorites. I put two gold colored columns on either side of the door, I upholstered an old Petite Princess couch with Egyptian material and put Egyptian material on the walls for wallpaper. The bed has a beautiful gold material with Egyptian figures on it. On the table is an Egyptian statue. The floor is made to look like stone.

The lefthand bedroom is Mexico: I have put real patio bricks on the floor. The walls are made to look like Mexican tiles. I put bright material on the wooden bed and chair for the room. There are Mexican decorations hanging on the walls."


"The bathroom is made in an Artic theme with Orcas on the Walls and the bathroom has black ceramic toilet, bath and sink. The hallway has horses on the wallpaper and a desk with books to read for the customers.

The dining room: The dining room has a picture of a Scottie on the wall, a table with 4 chairs and a basket of flowers, a rug, a cabinet with flowers and a floral spray above the kitchen door (glued to the wall). The kitchen is the only other room where things are glued down, and that is the cabinet above the stove and the large cabinet above the sink. Everything else is moveable."

--
Debbie Wignall

2 Comments:

Blogger Theodosia Pixietwist said...

I love it! I did something similar with my Green Hollow Inn. It's a wonderful way to try out lots of different projects.

Nov 26, 2007, 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Sumaiya Mehreen said...

You know what comes next Tara...pictures! pictures!! We want photos of the Green Hollow Inn! :D

Nov 27, 2007, 5:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home