My Dream Dollhouse

Hi, I am Sumaiya Mehreen and you are welcome to my Dollhouse. Here you will find some of the dollhouse miniatures that catch my fancy! Feel free to email me at smehreen@gmail.com if you want me to showcase YOUR favorite dollhouse on this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, November 11, 2006

My Lafayette Dollhouse


It was love at first sight! I fell in love with this Lafayette dollhouse as soon as I had set my eyes upon it. It was fully assembled, and although unadorned, the sheer details of the moldings and the trims caught my fancy.

So, the house arrived on my doorstep about two weeks ago ... a perfect confection nestled in newspaper and bubble wrap! But what was even more precious was the story that came with the dollhouse ...



The house belonged to the seller's mother who had passed away. According to Melissa, her mother was a very special person who always smiled and always had a positive attitude in the face of all adversity. Her mother had always wanted a dollhouse, and later in life, a special friend had presented her this dollhouse.

I wish I had known Melissa's mother. Right now I am busy painting the house. I have bought cream colored carpet and the "English Rose" wallpaper for this house. I have also bought lights and trees to decorate the house. I have promised Melissa to send her photos of the house once I am done decorating it ... so I am really trying to do justice to this special little house, that was once a gift from one dear friend to another!




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home