My Dream Dollhouse

Hi, I am Sumaiya Mehreen and you are welcome to my Dollhouse. Here you will find some of the dollhouse miniatures that catch my fancy! Feel free to email me at smehreen@gmail.com if you want me to showcase YOUR favorite dollhouse on this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, January 30, 2009

Miniature Toy Barn ~ Kathryn Capley


This one-of-a-kind barn is made by artist Kathryn Capley, who is known for her contemporary metal sculptures. This barn is all the more special because it is the first ever miniature scale barn designed by the artist.

Kathryn enjoys studying architecture and loves old barns. As a child, she drew plan after plan of barns and farms, and built them from cardboard boxes using index cards for walls and saran wrap for windows. She hopes her barns will become the favorite toys of imaginative children who will treasure them and pass them on to their children.

The exterior of the barn is oak strips that have been glazed with yellow and white. The drive in front of the barn is crushed slate. The paddock fence is wood and the gates open. The roof removes for easy play. The interior of the barn is wood, oak strips, stained on the upper wall, whitewashed pine below and wood partitions for the three stalls. The floor of the barn is "cement" ~ a skim coat of mortar mix. There is a light in the top of the barn.

Visit the website of Kathryn Capley for more information at www.kathryncapley.com


4 Comments:

Blogger Debbie said...

Oh I like this.. My miniature ponies would be quite at home in there..

Jan 30, 2009, 4:22:00 AM  
Blogger Jemjoop said...

Well, this is just adorable.
Jen

Jan 30, 2009, 1:08:00 PM  
Blogger kimsminiatures said...

Wonderful. Love it.

Jan 30, 2009, 2:52:00 PM  
Blogger Jo Raines said...

I love this, too. My husband built his barn two years ago and is slowly getting it completed. I love the horse stall.

Jody
Mini Leaps and Bounds

Jan 30, 2009, 7:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home