My Dream Dollhouse

Hi, I am Sumaiya Mehreen and you are welcome to my Dollhouse. Here you will find some of the dollhouse miniatures that catch my fancy! Feel free to email me at smehreen@gmail.com if you want me to showcase YOUR favorite dollhouse on this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Delaware Art Museum ~ Materpieces in Miniature 2008 – 2009


The Delaware Art Museum has a unique show at the end of each year called MASTERPIECES IN MINIATURE. This exhibition is made possible, in part, by grants from the Delaware Division of the Arts in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts. Miniaturists select a work of art from the museum’s galleries. They then create a miniature in a room box of that artwork. Above: miniature doll and room box created by Deborah Mackie based on the painting The Peacock Robe by George Watson Barratt.



Attack Upon The Chew House
Miniature by Dana Pyle
Original Painting by Howard Pyle


The Spring Witch
Miniature by Stewart Jackson
Original Painting by George Wilson



The Buccaneer was a Picturesque Fellow

Miniature by Dana Pyle
Original Painting by Howard Pyle


Photos courtesy of: Mary Ciccolella and Jack English,
http://flickr.com/photos/maryciccolella

7 Comments:

Blogger Debbie said...

What a fantastic display..

Feb 28, 2009, 4:08:00 PM  
Blogger Sans! said...

Were you there? I wish there were more mini museum in Singapore. Sometime back, someone here did a Singapore river scene in the 50s but alas, its gone before I have a chance to see it..Thank you for posting these!

Feb 28, 2009, 8:02:00 PM  
Blogger Sumaiya Mehreen said...

I wish I were there, but I have never been to Delaware, let alone their museum!

Feb 28, 2009, 8:20:00 PM  
Blogger Sans! said...

Did you see the flowers I arranged for you in my last post(not sure if you have read, this is not a shameless plug plzz) I picked that ornament for you ;)

Feb 28, 2009, 8:37:00 PM  
Blogger Jo Raines said...

Very detailed and beautiful works. Thank you for sharing.

Jody
Mini Leaps and Bounds

Mar 1, 2009, 8:04:00 AM  
Blogger shuvo said...

I was just curious, which camera do u use?

Apr 1, 2009, 12:38:00 AM  
Blogger foodlove said...

I remember my grandmother took me to this when I was little (we live in Washington DC, so it was too close to pass up!) It was a wonderful experience to have as a young child, and something I will always treasure. I highly recommend it to anyone who appreciates miniatures or dollhouses, and I only wish I could visit now!

Dec 12, 2009, 9:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home