My Dream Dollhouse

Hi, I am Sumaiya Mehreen and you are welcome to my Dollhouse. Here you will find some of the dollhouse miniatures that catch my fancy! Feel free to email me at smehreen@gmail.com if you want me to showcase YOUR favorite dollhouse on this blog!

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, October 15, 2006

My New Dollhouse


Shah and I have started working on our fourth dollhouse. It started out as a Victorian Cottage Jr. Kit by Real Good Toys. We finished the floor with a Dark Cherry gel stain. For the walls, we used English Rose patterned wallpaper and used glaze to give it a rich and satin finish. But when it came to borders, I just could not find the right one to go with the gorgeous wallpaper. So, I decided to create my own.


I printed out strips of black and white border, fitted them to the top and bottom of the walls, and glazed them for the glass-like finish. Then I created a faux stone-work finish inspired by a Nepalese trinket box my mother used to have. The most fun part, which unfortunately I could not catch with my digital camera, is that the stones glow in the dark! This was achieved by overlaying the pattern with glow-in-the-dark paint. Tell me, do you like my Nepalese inspired borders?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I DO love your borders. Not only are they beautiful, they are imaginative and beautifully crafted! Bravo! Rhonda (Lexington, KY)

Jul 20, 2009, 3:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home